De Jong Snubs Move Amidst Arsenal Link

Being linked with a possible move from Manchester City to Arsenal after the Dutch defensive midfielder played less than he would have liked during last season’s campaign, Nigen De Jong declared that he is happy at the Etihad Staium.

Despite saying that he is currently happy with the Citizens, De Jong declared that given his contract’s due date, which is one season away, he is in a good position, probably hinting at the possibility of making a switch.

“I do not know… my contract runs for another year, I’m in a good position.

“I would like to continue, I’m enjoying myself there, been there for over three years. I have won the two biggest prizes in England: FA Cup and league title.

“That I sometimes sit on the bench, is part of it. There is a rotation system. Ideally I play all the time but eventually I became champion, so it was worth it.”

After the talks with Rennes’ defensive midfielder Yann M’Vila supposedly stalled for Arsenal, links have been made with a possible move for De Jong, but now that M’Vila publically spoke about his interest to make the switch if the two clubs will eventually come to a mutual point in the negotiations, there is surely no way for the Dutch defensive midfielder to move to London.