Arsenal To Miss Out On Spanish Winger?

Arsenal have supposedly eyed the services of Atletico Madrid’s wingman Adriano, but the Spaniard has declared that he’s not interested in the opportunity of moving away from the Spanish capital just yet, and he wants to stay three more years with the club.

Arsene Wenger seems to be driven to win trophies this season and has already transferred Podolski and Giroud. The problem is that if Robin Van Persie will stay as the Frenchman says he will, the Gunners will have more than enough forward players, and bringing in Adriano doesn’t make sense at the moment.

Arsenal can count on Robin Van Persie and Giroud to fight for the center forward position, with Chamakh and Park lingering in the shadow, while Walcott, Arshavin (who didn’t leave yet), Gervinho, Podolski, Ryo and perhaps even Chamberlain (although Wenger wants to make him an attacking midfielder), will have to fight for the winger spots.

Adriano, probably afraid of the competition he’d get, has declared that he isn’t interested in leaving Madrid:

“I am content at Atletico,” he told Marca.

“We have won a trophy and that for me is very important in my first season. I am happy.

“I have signed a deal for three seasons and my idea is to stay.”

The Gunners are now fighting to get M’Vila, and it seems that they are very close to signing him now that the defensive midfielder has clearly stated his interest to join the London club.