Arsenal Face Competition For Russian Star Playmaker

Arsenal target Alan Dzagoev might end up in London, but according the rumours cross-town rivals Tottenham are favorites to land him at the moment despite Arsene Wenger’s interest.

The French manager spoke about his interest to land the Russian attacking midfielder, admitting that the young Russian is a very talented player. Dzagoev’s father has spoken about interest coming from all sort of clubs, but he mentioned that Tottenham are one of the favorites.

“I don’t know if he will stay at CSKA. There are offers — from Spurs and other foreign clubs.

“But I tell him not to hurry. Yuri Zhirkov ran off to Chelsea and sat on the bench.”

Dzagoev spoke about his interest to make the move away from his current side CSKA, saying after the Euro:

“It is true that I am willing to try myself in other clubs, in another league, in Europe.”

Arsene Wenger will be looking to build on his midfield options now that the forward compartment has been highly reinforced after Giroud and Podolski joined. With Wilshere and Diaby’s forms still in doubt, Wenger will be looking to find worthy replacements for Nasri and Fabregas who haven’t yet been replaced at Arsenal after leaving on such short notice last summer. Do yo think that Dzagoev could be one of the stars of the team?