Tottenham to hijack TWO of Arsenal’s top targets?

Things are bad enough for Arsenal at the minute as the Gunners look like losing Theo Walcott and Robin van Persie. Reports today, if they are true, could send the average Gooner into manic depression.

Lyon keeper Hugo Lloris and Nottingham Forest defender Jamaal Lascelles are both on the transfer radar of Arsene Wenger, but Tottenham are on the verge of pinching both players.

L’Equipe claims that Lloris has been persuaded to abandon his move to the Emirates in favour of White Hart Lane after Andres Villas-Boas convinced the keeper that his first team opportunities would be much greater with Spurs. I am not sure why this would be as Tottenham already have three keepers on the books, but at 41-years old, Brad Friedel has only a limited time left.

18-year old Jamaal Lascelles is a product of the youth academy at Nottingham Forest. He has impressed at under-18 and under-19 levels for England as well as for Forest’s youth team. He was loaned to Stevenage last year where he again drew praise and big things are expected of the central defender.

Apparently, last January, Arsenal had a sizeable bid for the youngster rejected by Forest. They have since agreed a professional contract with Lascelles but, according to the Mirror, Tottenham have opened negotiations for his transfer.

Hopefully Forest will stay firm like they did last year because I don’t think I could bear to lose another potential player to the Spuds.