In Arsene We Trust! (But We Could Also Do With Robin)

The talks surrounding a possible departure from Arsenal by Dutch star Robin Van Persie seem to be never ending these days, as the striker seems ready to speak to the club for one last time before taking a final decision one way or the other.

Arsenal have launched an official statement saying that Robin Van Persie came to the club yesterday and called for a meeting in which he can speak with the officials one more time about a possible contract extension. The officials wasted no time in sounding the alarm and gathering to hold the talks, and Wenger has immediately claimed that by Saturday a final decision will be made public.

The Dutchman has the likes of City, United and Juventus lingering in the shadows and waiting for his approval, but Arsenal’s French manager seems to be still confident that he can convince the striker to extend his contract with the Gunners and get ready for another season which will hopefully be as good as the previous one.

Giroud and Podolski’s arrivals will make Arsenal’s attacking force a tremendous one if Robin Van Persie will stay at the club, but nothing will be known until the two parties can sit at a table and discuss their differences.