Has Wenger grown resigned to Robin’s exit?

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger seems to have grown content with the fact that Arsenal are likely to lose their captain Robin Van Persie, saying that the Gunners must not focus on transfers, but on the start of the season.

According to Arsene, if transfers occur there’s no stopping them, so it would be better for the London side to focus on bringing their best football into the first game of the season rather than focusing on whether Van Persie leaves or not. To check out the best prices on where Robin may end up try Sports Betting Tips websites.

But Arsene knows that he can’t let the Van Persie saga disrupt the squad’s preperations for the new season. He said: “Robin was an exceptional leader last year, but we know how much we had to fight to come third because we missed out the start of the season. After seven games we had lost four and we have learned that for us it is vital for us to focus on the start of the season rather than on any transfers.”

“If the transfers happen, they happen. As long as you are at the club you give your best for the club and that is the only pride you can have as a football player and as a manager.”

“As long as you are somewhere you give your best every day for that club. If it changes, it changes. I am convinced that Robin is like that, he is completely focused every day on his job. He loves football, he loves the game and as long as he is here he will do that.”

Despite Arsene Wenger’s calmness in talking about a possible Robin Van Persie departure, his absence will leave the Gunners with a major problem as they will have to find another striker after bringing Giroud and Podolski.