Should young Arsenal striker be sent on loan?

Afobe Open To Loan

Arsenal striker Benik Afobe will leave the club on loan in order to gain further first-team experience, but only if Arséne Wenger doesn’t think he’s ready for the first team.

The 19 year old spent a 1 month loan at newly promoted side Reading last season, making 3 appearances. The young Englishman first impressed at Arsenal’s pre-season tour last season, however Afobe was injured in a reserve match and was out for 6 months so he couldn’t go out on a season- loan last season like Wenger had hoped, but now the striker believes there’s a chance that he could gain a squad place in this year’s Arsenal team.

Afobe told SkySports;
“If the gaffer wants me to go out on loan for six months, or even the whole season, then I would relish that opportunity because playing for Reading last year was very beneficial for me. However, my main aim has always been, and will always be, playing for Arsenal.”

“It was a great experience for me to join a side pushing for promotion to the Premier League and all the boys and coaching staff there were really nice. They made it really easy for me to blend in and get back playing football again, so it was a great spell for me overall.”

He added: “Being out for six to seven months is always going to be hard for any player, but especially for a player that is still trying to break through into the first team. The season finished really well for me though and hopefully this year will be an injury-free one for me.”
The player has impressed for the reserves for a number of years now and since joining the Under 16’s in 2007; he scored 40 goals for the U-16s in 2007–08, 11 goals in 13 appearances in 2008–09, and 21 goals in 24 appearances for Arsenal U-18s in 2009–10.

What would now be best for Afobe and for Arsenal?