Could Chamakh still help Arsenal?

Arsenal’s Morocco international Marouane Chamakh seems to think that he still has a lot to show at the club and, according to his statement, he is motivated to do so after a season in which he had to stay in Robin Van Persie’s shadow.

Now with the transfers of Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski, Chamakh seems to have fallen even further down the pecking order at Arsenal, because you would imagine that Giroud and Podolski would be first team players, or at least first choice as cover.

‘I need to concentrate and have a good season,’ said Chamakh. ‘I will try to give my maximum but I am waiting. I don’t know what I will be doing.”

‘I have not spoken with the manager but I will soon. If I am staying here with Arsenal, I will do my best for the team and the maximum.”

‘Last season was difficult. We were playing with just one striker and that striker was the best player in Europe. There was not a lot I could do.”

‘I was upset because I still think I could have played more, but football is like that. Sometimes you do not have a chance. I hope this season I will play more.’

There are probably still chances for Chamakh to stay with Arsenal, but given the current situation it’s unlikely that he will get too much playing time. What do you think Wenger should do about the given situation?