Arsenal Fail Lloris Move?

French club Lyon’s president Jean-Michel Aulas claimed that there were no offers received for their star goalkeeper Hugo Lloris except for Tottenham’s, thus snubbing any possibility of a switch to Arsenal.

Aulas also spoke about the fact that the club wishes to keep Lloris and that there are no intentions to sell unless somebody could match Lloris’ release clause which is believed to be around £17 million.

“Tottenham made contact through [Lloris’] agent but there has been no concrete offer since,” Aulas said. “I don’t think they really want him, but we really want to keep him.

“He will stay at Lyon unless he absolutely wants to go. The best present we can give to the fans is finding a way to keep him. We will try to do just that.”

Arsene Wenger is believed to be interested in replacing second-string goalkeeper Fabianski, and Lloris has been a target for the Gunners for a very long time now. The Frenchman had an amazing performance at this summer’s Euro, so if Wenger really wants a goalkeeper, this is certainly the way to go.