Versatile defenders Arsenal could look at

FOUR POTENTIAL ARSENAL DEFENSIVE TARGETS

In addition to my last article about our defensive system, I thought I should write an article that identifies potential targets for the North Londoners.

So here are 4 defenders that Arsenal could sign this summer;

PHIL JAGIELKA
Jagielka is proven in the premier league and also has international experience, with 12 caps for England.  The Everton defender has often been noted as a top defender in England, and his performances season after season, prove it. He is very consistent and good in the air, despite not being the tallest defender around. Jagielka can play centre back and right back. He certainly has the right attributes and at the age of 29, he’s certainly experienced. Jagielka would cost around £8 million from Everton.

MAMADOU SAKHO
Sakho has been linked a lot with Arsenal this year and the player would certainly provide good cover. He has a slight attitude problem at times and has been stripped of the captaincy at PSG, however his performances make him stand out in a team. His strength and tackling make attackers fear him and he certainly would be able to cope in a physical league such as the Premier League. He can play centre back and left back at times and at the age of 22, he certainly has his best years ahead of him. Sakho would cost around £10 million.

MAPOU YANGA-MBIWA
Mbiwa can play at centre back and right back. His performances helped him captain Montpellier to their first Ligue 1 title this season. His mentality and mental strength would certainly keep the squad together in times of low morale, and he’s not too bad on the pitch either. He keeps defences tight and his pace is a good attribute, Mbiwa would cost around £6 million. The only problem is, I doubt that the French club would sell two of their top players to us in the same window, but you never know.

RAUL ALBIOL
Albiol is a backup defender for Real Madrid who is certainly capable of filling in when needed. He stands at 190cms tall and at the age of 26, he is just coming to his best. He can play at centre back, right back and even defensive midfielder, so he is certainly versatile if Arsenal only wanted to sign one defender. With 34 caps for the Spanish national team he is well experienced at the top-level and for a bargain £6.5 million he could be a top buy this summer.

So that’s 4 potential Arsenal defensive targets that we could sign this summer, I would personally go for Mamadou Sakho, he’s a top defender on his day, admittedly he was poor last season and was on the bench a lot at PSG, but I think Wenger can revive his career and turn him into the top player that he is meant to be.