Arsenal keeper is sure we will succeed

Wojciech Szczesny Comments

Arsenal Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny believes Arsenal are getting stronger and will continue to get stronger even if captain, Robin van Persie leaves.

Szczesny said;

“It will be disappointing if he leaves because Robin is our captain and he’s our leader. I’m very happy to have him at the club. He’s still an Arsenal player and we support him all the way. No-one’s left the club at the moment. We have new signings, we’re stronger defensively and so we’re in a better position.”

When speaking about the new Arsenal team that the club is building, Szczesny said;

“Those who were lacking experience last year have that experience. We have a couple of signings, more players who can score goals. Podolski’s goal record speaks for itself. We’re strong offensively and Steve Bould has been doing some fantastic work with the defence. That seems to be working very well. It all makes me believe we’ll be that little bit stronger.”

And then on Arsenal’s defence, Szczesny said;

“I don’t think we can concede more goals than we did last year,” (the team conceded 49 league goals last season).

“Hopefully the number will be much lower. I was the one in goal; I was the one conceding all those goals, so I can’t be angry at people. I’m just disappointed because it shows our defending was a big problem for us last season. We’ll do everything we can to make it better.”

Wojciech Szczesny is right, he was the one in goal and he was the one who conceded 49 times in the league last season, but football is a team game, and you cannot hide the fact that something is wrong with our team defensively. The problem is, is that nobody knows the answer.