Diaby ready to shine again for Arsenal

With all this talk of Cazorla joining Arsenal, a recent article on the official website has gone unheard off. Diaby has had a torrid time with injuries during the last two seasons but he’s confident that he can come back to his best. He even thinks he’ll make a prosperous partnership with our Spanish maestro, Mikel Arteta:

“Mikel is a great player and he showed last season that he is a very important player in our team.”
“I am looking forward to playing next to him.

“I personally prefer to play with three midfielders because I can go forward and I can also defend. I think it is the position that will suit me the best.

“Of course the midfield is different now because we are all different. The most important thing is to bring out singularities into the team to make it better. If we have a mix of all that it can be a very good thing.”

“First of all it does affect you physically because you cannot play,” he said. “And I have to say mentally as well because it is hard.

“The only thing we love is to play football and seeing your team-mates play every weekend while you are on the bench is quite hard.”

It’s great that Diaby is still exhibiting the ambition to do well. He looked very lively during the preseason friendlies and is proving to be a very promising prospect for the coming season.

He is a very versatile player and will contribute regardless of the players he partners with (Cazorla, Song, Arteta, Wilshere etc.).

He also offers something different to any other midfielder and is probably the closest thing to Yaya Toure at the moment. It’s great that we can add that type of depth and strength to the squad.

Here’s hoping that the Frenchman has the biggest season of his career next season!