Arsenal are determined to land Niang

Arsenal have made a second bid, reportedly in the region of £6 million for M’baye Niang. The young striker spent a week on trial at Arsenal earlier this summer and he impressed the coaches, so much that as soon as the youngster’s trial was up, Arsenal made an immediate proposal to Ligue 2 side SM Caen.

The first bid of £4 million was rejected, with the relegated French club reportedly looking for around £7 million.
Caen president Jean-Francois Fortin has confirmed that Arsenal have made a new bid to sign M’Baye Niang, but says that there is also interest in the player from Italy and other English clubs.

“Arsenal made me a proposition,” he revealed to L’Equipe. “Other clubs are interested: two in England and one in Italy. I think there will be an issue here for a fortnight.”

The other club in England is apparently Manchester City, who have already prepared a bumper academy deal for the player, whilst the Italian club is thought to be AC Milan, who Niang is in talks with at the moment.

The fee of £6 million is a lot for a 17 year old but then we did spend a lot of money on both Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and there’s a good chance that in the coming years that Niang will be worth at least triple that.

However, it will be a bumpy ride, challenging with Manchester City and AC Milan, but hopefully our reputation for giving talented youth opportunitie, and our style of play can help Wenger conclude a deal for this top prospect.