Arsenal given the go ahead for Sahin

Yesterday Real Madrid Manager Jose Mourinho spoke about Arsenal loan target, Nuri Sahin.

“The point is, he’s a young boy, he wants to play every match. He wants to be happy to play, he wants to play to be happy. If he stays, he’s not a problem for me, he’s one more solution.”

“We leave [the situation] in his hands. Be happy. Decide what you want to decide, to be happy. If you decide to leave we are going to help you to leave. If you decide to stay, we are going to support you and try to succeed this season.”

So it seems that Mourinho won’t block any potential move and he’s happy to let the Turkish midfielder leave on loan if he wishes, although Mourinho also says that he would be part of his plans, if he was to stay. You never know when you might need some back up in football, and Real see real potential in Sahin. This backs up the suggestion that Mourinho doesn’t want a buy out option included in the loan deal.

There are also suggestions that North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur wanted Sahin as part of the deal that would take Luka Modric to Spain, but like I said, it’s believed that Mourinho doesn’t want to let Sahin leave on a permanent deal.

Sahin also has an offer from Turkish Champions Galatasary, so it’s now firmly up to Sahin to choose in what country he wants to play in next season.