Arsenal Set To Lose Out On Highly Rated Striker

Most Arsenal fans don’t like the fact that year in, year out, we always sign a teenage player. We constantly slate Wenger for signing the talented youngsters, we always call out against Wenger, but we must admit that he does manage to find some absolute gems.

But one young player we look set to lose out on is highly rated French striker M’Baye Niang. The 17 year old striker impressed manager Arséne Wenger during his week trial, where he joined First Team training and Wenger managed to keep a special eye on him as many First Team players hadn’t returned from the European Championships.

At the beginning, both Manchester City and Arsenal were the only two interested clubs in the Frenchman, but now Italian club AC Milan have joined the race and they look set to win it too.

Its believed that SM Caen want around £6 million for the player, which is considerably less than their original asking price, which had to be lowered following the clubs relegation from France’s Ligue 1.

It’s thought that Wenger wishes to give Niang an immediate squad place and, because he is 17, he wouldn’t have to be a registered Premier League Squad player for 4 years, which leaves a squad place for a more experienced player.

However both SM Caen and Niang himself, seem keener on AC Milan at the moment. The Italian club is offering a season long loan, with an up-front fee of £400,000, with an option of a £6 million permanent deal next year.
Arsenal have had two bids rejected thought to be in the region of £5 million but Niang has now spoken with Milan officials and both clubs are set to tie up a deal in the coming next week.