Barcelona can forget about Alex Song – He has Arsenal DNA!

Alex Song has confirmed that there is Interest from Barcelona, but has also reiterated that he is more than happy at the club.

Song told to Sky Sports ‘I am not going to lie if I said there is no interest but I am at Arsenal and I am happy at Arsenal. Barcelona are the best team in the world, and speculation will always continue until the window closes.’

Barcelona are looking for a replacement for Seydou Keita, who acted as a cover for Sergio Busquets. They are also lacking cover at the back. The Spanish giants have reportedly turned their attention towards Song after their failure to sign Javi Martinez from Athletic Bilbao. Although Arsenal are unlikely to let go of a player who still has a long contract at the club, it is believed that the Gunners might decided otherwise if the Catalan club comes in with a ‘massive’ offer. Reports from Spain says that Barcelona are ready to pay £17million Song and there are chances of Cristian Tello or Ibrahim Afellay arriving at the Emirates as a part of the deal, is it does goes through.

Wenger have been known to be a fan of Afellay, but does Arsenal need another winger/wide forward at the moment? Probably not. Hence only a big transfer fee will be required to propel the Frenchman into selling the Cameroonian.
Arsenal have already been linked with midfielders like M’vila, Celtic duo Sung-Yueng and Victor Wanyama. If Barca does make a substantial move for Song, Arsenal will set up their interest in M’vila or Wanyama. But Wenger will face competition from Tottenham for the signature of M’vila while Manchester United are also said to be interested in Wanyama.

Lets be honest. There is no way that Wenger would sell him with two years left on his contract, and Song is a loyal Gooner with Arsenal DNA!