Mirallas confirms Arsenal interest

Kevin Mirallas spoke to Sky Sports about a possible transfer to the Premier League after weeks of speculation.
When asked whether a move to Arsenal was possible, the Belgian Striker said;

“My manager (has). Me? No.”

When asked: “So it may happen?”, he replied “Yes, it’s good.”

“Thomas (Vermaelen) plays very good at Arsenal and now a lot of Belgian players are in the Premier League,”

“(Moving to England) It’s good for me, it’s good for my family and it’s a good opportunity, but I don’t know…it’s possible.”

So it seems that no deal is imminent at the moment, however there does seem to be interest in the pipeline. The Olympiacos forward would command a £6.4 million fee as he has a €8.25 million buy out clause.

The Belgian forward, will not be an unknown in English football, as he was the player who famously ruled Gary Cahill out of the Euro’s as he pushed the defender into Joe Hart. The speedy striker can play wide or through the middle and has an impressive tally of 34 goals from 52 games for Olympiacos.

Liverpool have also expressed their interest according to Sky Sports. Arsenal may only move for Mirallas if they lose the battle to keep Robin van Persie at the Emirates, so in a way I hope we do not sign him.