Arsenal will survive without van Persie

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger claims that the Gunners will survive without Robin Van Persie, reminding Arsenal fans that they have lost world class players in the past but managed to pull through.

The bad part about “pulling through”, “surviving” and other ways of getting past losing world class players is that Arsenal hasn’t won a trophy in an extremely long time, so if survival means participating in the Champions League, then yes, but in the meantime United, City and Chelsea are getting the silverware, while Liverpool and Arsenal are just surviving.

“We anticipated this might happen so we bought Giroud and Podolski.

“If you look at the number of players, we have a massive squad. We have what is needed to be ambitious.

“We bought players who can provide, we bought players who can score.

“We have lost world-class players before and we have always survived.”

Who do you think should come to the squad in order for Arsenal to have a real shot at the title against the likes of City, United and Chelsea?