Former Arsenal Starlet Pushes Alex Song Towards Barcelona

Former Arsenal starlet Fran Merida, who has also been in Barcelona’s youth program seems to think that Cameroon midfielder Alex Song would be a perfect fit for the Catalan club, saying that he can contribute a great deal for Barcelona.

“I think he is player who can contribute much to Barcelona because I think is very good player, and technically important.

“He has the physical characteristics and is not without quality. He is a guy who is always cheerful, always smiling, very playful and a very good person.”

Song has been linked with a move to Barcelona all season long, but Arsene Wenger isn’t looking forward to losing him too. After losing Robin Van Persie to Manchester United, the Frenchman wants to make sure he keeps Song at the club, but if Song will want to go there’s not much he can do about it.

Arsene Wenger should learn from this. Titles are not only important for the fans, but also for the players, and if the Gunners won’t be able to break the drought and win at least one important trophy this season more of the same will probably follow.