Oxlade-Chamberlain says Arsenal will be fine without van Persie

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, in a recent recent interview to Talksport, has said that Arsenal have the squad to leave behind the disappointment of van Persie’s departure and move forward. The England international who missed the opening match against Sunderland, where the Gunners were held to a scoreless draw, due to an injury believes that with quality players like Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud arriving in the squad, Arsenal is strong enough to deal with the void left behind by the Dutchman.

Chamberlain said – “There was a lot of speculation around Robin. He was a massive player for us last year there is no hiding that.

“But we have definitely got the squad to cope with it. Olivier Giroud was top goalscorer in the French league last year, Lukas Podolski has been prolific for a number of years and has 100 caps for Germany which isn’t bad.

“We’ve definitely got the squad to deal with it. These things happen in football all the time you’ve just got to get on with it and move forward and I think the team is strong enough to deal with these situations.”

Despite such optimism Giroud, who missed a great chance to win the game at Sunderland, and Podolski will require time to settle down. But Cazorla seemed to have warmed up to the premier league already. With at least two more new signings in the pipeline, Arsenal (as Chamberlain said) will move onwards and upwards.