How will Arsenal line up without Walcott?

Arsenal without Walcott…

Since the window is drawing to a close and Arsenal have been extremely tight-lipped on any transfer dealings, it’s a good idea to start looking at the new line-up for this season without the pacey Englishman.

I’m still hopeful that Theo will agree to sign a new deal but I think it’s realistic that we as fans expect the worst so we aren’t disappointed. Here’s the first team at the moment without Theo involved:

Szczesny
Jenkinson Koscielny Vermaelan Gibbs
Diaby Arteta
Chamberlain Cazorla Podolski
Giroud

This team is definitely still capable of getting a top 3 finish. I know for a fact that Giroud and Cazorla will be hits in this league. The jury is out on Podolski for me personally but the signs have looked extremely positive. What I can say is that the team is stronger than last season even with 3 first team departures. This is mainly down to our 3 new signings as well as Diaby coming back. This also gives a great platform for Chamberlain to make a name for himself. We know he’s one of the best youngsters in the world. It’s only a matter of time before he gets a long standing run in the first team.

However, that 11 isn’t even our best. Not close with two world class players to return from injury (Sagna and Wilshere).

Here’s our best XI:
Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelan Gibbs
Arteta Diaby
Cazorla Wilshere Podolski
Giroud

That’s a very strong first team. Title contending in my opinion. However, the lack of depth in certain positions worry me. The striker position looks extremely weak with Chamakh as second choice. I’m not too confident in Santos and hence an injury to Gibbs could be devastating to any title challenge we mount. Also, our defensive midfield area looks weak with only Coquelin available to replace either the Spaniard or Frenchman depending on injuries.
On the other hand, the wings have good depth with Chamberlain and Gervinho being available at any time. Our attacking midfield area is stocked with the likes of Ramsey and Rosicky competing with Wilshere.
Although it feels like the club is in turmoil, just remember, even without any signings, the club still has a very good team.

Follow me on Twitter: @Kashif_MED