Liverpool v Arsenal Preview, Predicted line-ups and score

So the big game is tomorrow and AW is hoping to silence a few critics and perhaps a few Arsenal fans too! After a fizzled end to the transfer window, AW is hoping to notch up a much needed victory against Liverpool. A good a place as any to get the Gunners campaign going after two forgetful opening performances. Liverpool won’t be an easy hunting ground though, with their last performance against City having shown a improvement from their opening match. A stupid error in defense cost them the match but we won’t be counting on similar errors to get a result.

We’ve always been favorable opponents against them and more often than not, come out on top, especially in recent matches. However, Liverpool look energized and sharp and for the first time, I’m a little apprehensive about tomorrow’s game. Sahin, is set to make his Anfield debut, following the completion of his season-long loan deal from Real Madrid and Agger who was out due to suspension will make a return. Sterling looked good last week and will be sure to test Jenkinson at the back. To me, on paper, both teams look evenly matched. Sahin and Sterling are my main concern and I expect Liverpool’s starting eleven to look like this:

Reina
Agger Skrtel Johnson Downing
Allen Gerrard Sahin
Suarez Borini Sterling

So we’re yet to score this season but on the positive, we’re also yet to concede, although an attacking line up by Liverpool will put that defensive record(so far) to the test. We looking to silence the media tomorrow with some goals and hopefully Giroud will put them away as we aim to wash away RVP from memory. Walcott should get a start tomorrow and hopefully Szczesny will be match fit. My expected starting eleven for us tomorrow is:

Szczesny
Gibbs Vermaelen Mertesacker Jenkinson
Podolski Arteta Carzorla Walcott
Gervinho Giroud

We’ll be heading into the game with an impressive stat of losing just 1 out of our last 10 games against Liverpool. The last time we visited Anfield, we emerged as 2-1 victors. I expect the same result this time round. Actually, they could score 5 against us. As long as we score six, I will be happy. A draw or worse will already have us playing catch up early in the season. Its simple, go out, play hard, score goals, win, make us all happy.