Oxlade-Chamberlain keen to wrap up World Cup qualification quickly

The young England and Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is preparing for his international duty this weekend and has expressed his desire for England to book their place at the 2014 World Cup finals without any drama. England are set to start their bid to get to Brazil in Moldova on Friday and face Ukraine at Wembley four days later. ‘The Ox’ had this to say about England’s up and coming fixtures, “You want qualifying wrapped up as soon as you can so we’ll be looking to push every game.”

England’s 2012 fixtures are as follows:

World Cup qualifier – Moldova – 7 September in Chisinau
World Cup qualifier – Ukraine – 11 September at Wembley
World Cup qualifier – San Marino – 12 October at Wembley
World Cup qualifier – Poland – 16 October in Warsaw
Friendly – Sweden – 14 November in Stockholm

England begin their campaign under Roy Hodgson in Chisinau on Friday without injured strikers Wayne Rooney and Andy Carroll. No team would like players from their club to pick up an injury during this time but the international fixtures do allow some players to pick up some form and spark. The onus for the up coming fixtures will be on England’s attacking style of play and spearheading the attack should be the Arsenal winger.

Oxlade-Chamberlain continued to say, “It’s not just a responsibility on us, there’s a responsibility on everyone – we’re playing for England. There’s goals all over the team. I think Phil Jagielka scored in the last game. We’ll be all looking to score. I don’t think there’s too much pressure on one individual position.”

Arsenal fans will see no less than 14 of their squad members enter international duty this weekend and will be hoping for all of them to return without injury. Arsenal’s up and coming star ‘The Ox’ will be closely monitored by Arsenal as their plans for the winger this season will be instrumental as they look to secure the Premier league title.