Carl Jenkinson wants to spend whole career at Arsenal

The young Arsenal right-back Carl Jenkinson comes from a big Gooner family and he is very keen to become the Number One right-back at the Emirates, and play for the Gunners for the whole of his career.

Jenkinson is only in his second season at the club, and may not even be in the starting line-up if Bacary Sagna wasn’t out injured, but he certainly feels more comfortable now than he did at the start of last season. He said: “I think it’s only natural that the longer you’re at a club, the more at home you feel,” J

“Coming here last year I felt a bit blown away with everything. This year I’ve come back and felt like one of the boys. It was different this year and it was nice because you like to feel comfortable and part of things. I’m happy with things at the moment and hopefully we just move on from here.

“My ambition for my whole career is to play for this football club. I want to be good enough and make my mark here. I won’t be happy until I’m playing week-in, week-out. That’s what I want to achieve.”

“Old Trafford [when Arsenal lost 8-2 to Manchester United on his debut last season] was a difficult day for me, and a difficult day for the club. It wasn’t nice but I felt like I learnt a lot from that game,”

“There were plenty of highs too. The one that sticks in my head is at home to Spurs, beating them on our home turf. As a Gooner that was something special. I only played 20-odd minutes but to be a part of that was an amazing feeling.

“There have been ups and downs but I’ve learnt a lot and I feel I’ve progressed a lot as a football player in my first year.”

He certainly looks a bit more assured this season, which comes with experience (and perhaps the influence of Steve Bould) and with his loyalty to the club I have a feeling he will one day grow to be a real Arsenal legend of the future.