Gazidis – Wenger is the best man to lead Arsenal forward

There’s one guy Arsenal can’t afford to lose this season or the next or in the next 10 seasons come to think of it and chief executive, Ivan Gazidis is set to make sure that statement rings true. You guessed it, Arsenal are set to open talks with Arsene Wenger over a new deal with the club.

In an interview, Ivan Gazidis stated, ‘Its not a sense of sentimentalism, not a reward for our services, its a belief that we have an incredible manager who loves this club and is the best man to lead us forward.’

‘We’re really confident about the direction the club is heading. We’re coming through strongly and we believe we’re really well placed. We hope and believe that Arsene will be a part that as we move forward.’

This comes after Arsenal have made a directed point of extending existing contracts at the Emirates, and leaving nothing to chance, Arsene Wenger has entered the last two years of his contract, which will see the club look towards an extension. Its almost beyond question for Wenger not to renew his contract as he looks to secure players to the Emirates long after 2014. It’s only right that his commitment at least equals theirs.

There is no better person to lead our club and with that I agree with Ivan Gazidis. With key players being forced out the Emirates each year, Arsene Wenger has made the most of Arsenal. There isn’t a question in my mind that the Frenchman loves Arsenal. The Gunners have a new stadium, a new team and supporters that are excited by what they’ve seen so far this season. Tie down Wenger, then do the same to Sagna, Gibbs, Diaby and Walcott.

In Arsene We Trust…