Arsenal injury update-Where is Chamakh?

It was reported last week that Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh was going to miss the African Cup of Nations qualifier for Morocco because he was suffering from Malaria. Then we heard that it was just a virus and then, deathly silence. He was not mentioned in the round up and update of players who are injured or ill this week on Arsenal.com but he was nowhere to be seen in the photos released from Arsenal’s training session today.

Answers on a postcard please to, where is our wayward striker, Emirates stadium London.

Hopefully we won’t need to call on Chamakh, as the international break was quite good to the Gunners for once. Abou Diaby picked up some muscular pain after a knock but he has had a full week off and will be assessed today. Wenger might want to give him a rest anyway, or play him for just a part of the game, we will have to wait and see.

Walcott trained today and seems to have recovered from his illness, apparently a virus. I wonder if he has been in touch with Chamakh. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain looked tired on Tuesday so may be given a rest, while Gervinho was sharp for the Ivory Coast last Friday and did not play midweek. Maybe the Ivorian will get the nod as part of a front three. Giroud successfully completed 60 minutes on Tuesday after missing France’s first game, so he should be fit to lead the line again.

Fabianski is still out with a shoulder problem, but Vito Mannone will probably drop to the bench because Szczesney is fit again. Mannone has definitely pushed his challenge on while the Polish number 1 has been out, which can only be good for Arsenal.

Frimpong is “very close” and Sagna and Wilshere are both described as ” not far away” by Arsenal.com. Rosicky is still two or three weeks away but Wenger should have a full squad after the next international break, barring more injuries of course.