Podolski’s Arsenal performances earn praise from Wenger

Arsene Wenger has been impressed with how quickly summer signing Lukas Podolski has fitted into the Arsenal team and become a fan favourite at the club. Podolski joined from FC Cologne in Germany in the summer transfer window for a reported fee of £11.9 million. The German International who has over 100 caps for his country at the age of 27 has made an immediate impression on the premier league as he strides through the games and as the clubs best striker.

Wenger said;

“He looks happy to be here and he has integrated into the team. He is a happy boy, [with a] happy nature. Plus he’s a good communicator; he speaks English quite well already. That helps. Overall, he’s a positive character.”

“I believe as well that today in the modern game, to be a top level player, you need to be a top-level worker first. There’s no room anymore for anything else. He understands that.”

“You like to see him in front of goal. He doesn’t get there many times per game, but when he gets there, you always think we have a good opportunity to score because he is a fantastic finisher.”

“If you look at [each] chance, he looks at the keeper first. He takes care of his control, and after he will not mishit, he will finish.”

Podolski has 3 goals for Arsenal already in his short time here. Two in the league, including a stunning free kick in Arsenal’s 6-1 thrashing of Southampton and he also scored on his Arsenal Champions League debut, against Montpellier who are the French Champions. As Podolski looks to impress, so does the rest of the team and with Wilshere back on the training ground and Rosicky and Sagna back on their way, things are looking good for Arsenal. There are plenty more games left in this season but lets hope we can continue our fine form against English Premier League Champions Manchester City as we visit the Eithad Stadium this weekend.