Arsenal boss will not bow to Walcott’s wage demands!

Theo Walcott will not be given a chance to play a full game with the Gunners this season unless the 23 year old extends his contract. The England winger has featured for just 16 minutes in the last three matches and Wenger will continue the shut out until the saga has resolved itself.

Walcott will start on the bench once more against Man City tomorrow as Wenger continues to freeze out the player. It has been widely reported that the winger is unhappy with his £75k per week wage offer at Arsenal and it’s believed Walcott is holding out for more money, using Man City’s offer, a reported 140k per week, as leverage against the club.

Arsene Wenger gave the biggest hint yet he was ready to ship out Walcott when asked if the contract dispute was the reason he was currently snubbing the ex-Southampton star.

“I haven’t picked him, it’s true and it’s quite a good question. I still hope to sign him and the next two months will be vital because after that, the longer this situation lasts the more difficult it is.’

“Let’s hope we can find a solution in the next two months.”

In the mean time, Le Prof won’t have a shortage of wingers with ‘The Ox’ being Walcott’s direct replacement. Wenger also has the likes of Podolski and Gervinho to call upon to play in the wide position.

Wenger, however, has not denied Walcott’s wage problems and has admitted that the player could leave in January.

“It will depend on the needs of the team and the club. We can afford to go to the end (of the contract) if needed,”
Wenger said.

Whilst that is probably true, I don’t see Wenger waiting until Walcott’s contract expires before the player leaves. It is becoming increasingly likely that Walcott will leave the Emirates in January with City and Juventus emerging as the most likely targets.