Man City boss Mancini is worried about Arsenal

Roberto Mancini has finally said something of significance. The Manchester City boss has warned his players that Arsenal are the real deal and that they’ll be gunning for, not only the victory on Sunday, but their title too. City have not had the best of starts to their title retention campaign this season and will be heading into the clash having drawn with Stoke and lost to Real Madrid.

Arsenal on the other hand will be looking to continue their run of form when they travel to the Eastlands and Mancini is well aware of the threat Arsenal propose.

“I don’t think we have an easy game,” Mancini said.

“When you start the season after a European Championship, you have problems with some injuries. I don’t think it will be easy. It is important that we do a good performance.’

“I think Arsenal can compete for the title. I don’t know if they are better than last year but there is less pressure than last year. They have lost two or three important players but I am sure they will play for the title.’

City will be Arsenal’s hardest game of the season so far but, having come off an impressive win against Southampton and Montpellier, the Gunners will be full of confidence that they can get a result away from home. City will be without Samir Nasri after picking up a hamstring injury but should be able to call upon Sergio Aguero after he recovered from a knee injury.

“I don’t think Samir will be ready for Sunday, I hope for the next game. Sergio is fit. We are unlucky because I wanted to put him on at the Bernabeu but we had two injuries.”

“Arsenal have good players, Manchester City the same. It is a good game for people who come.”

Yes Roberto it is, it will give people a chance to see Arsenal get one step closer to retaining what’s rightfully theirs.