Icelandic striker’s agent plays down Arsenal transfer rumours

Yesterday reports surfaced that Arsenal were reportedly interested in signing Aron Johannsson. Ten goals in as many games have made the Icelandic striker a hot target in the Danish Superliga but his agent, Magnus Agnar Magnusson, has come out stating that his client has had no contact with the Gunners.

“Of course it is flattering for Aron to be linked with such a huge club as Arsenal,” the player’s representative told Sky Sports.

“We all know that Arsene Wenger is a great coach to work under as he has proven to be able to get the best out of his young players for years, and of course it would be an interesting place for Aron to continue his development.’

“That said we have heard nothing from Arsenal and at the moment we are concentrating on extending the deal with AGF. We are in regular contact with AGF and if they deliver an interesting enough proposal then we would be interested in extending the deal.”

“Sure, a move to England would be interesting as every player would love to play there but it would not make sense for him to sit on the bench for the next two years.Sure, he might make a lot of money but he would not develop as a player if he does not play.’

“The Premier League is interesting but so is the Bundesliga and the Eredivisie so we are keeping all avenues open. For now we are in negotiations with AGF and that is all I can say at this moment.”

The 21 year old is still under contract until June next year but at the rate he’s going, he may be something Arsene Wenger will be interested in developing in the future. I guess for now though, Johannsson’s agent has put this rumor to bed.