Another “STAR” player set to miss the cut at Arsenal

Wenger and Arsenal football club are renowned worldwide for bringing in young talent and developing players into some of the best players the world currently has to offer. It may seem that we always find the next star player and the fans get relatively excited for the players future, especially with Arsenal, but more often than not these players never live up to their hype and miss out on their full potential, although Arsenal are always up there in the Premier League top four finish latest odds.

We have developed the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Robin Van Persie, Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs, all players who joined at a young age and developed into very good players at Arsenal. We also see players such as Jack Wilshere, following in the role of club legend Tony Adams and coming up through the youth ranks. But then we also have the many players who are set to be the next big thing, but in fact never make it at the highest level. David Bentley, Henri Lansbury, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Fran Merida are just a few to never make the cut at Arsenal despite looking so promising and this has become an ever common result at the club. But perhaps it is because Wenger discards so many players that it is worth a bet on the Gunners with Paddy Power to finish in the Top Four!

Arsenal.com recently revealed that Samuel Galindo is set to go out on loan once more after several consecutive loan spells at clubs across Spain. But now his is returning to his home country Bolivia for the rest of the 2012/13 season on loan with Liga de Fútbol Professional Boliviano side Club Deportivo Jorge Wilstermann.

Galindo was officially described by Arsenal as a player “whose technique and vision has seen him gain two international appearances”

But his move back to Bolivia suggests to me he won’t be a player we ever see make an impact at Arsenal. If he was set to be a “next big thing” player, I am sure he would have gathered interest from Europe’s top leagues such as Spain’s Liga BBVA, Italy’s Seria A and one of the many highly competitive leagues in England. It’s most likely he will soon move on and join the long list of promising young players who never made it at Arsenal. Whether this is be because of the fact he never got a chance to prove his worth to Arsenal or the fact that he is simply not good enough, I guess we will never know, but one thing is for certain, I don’t expect to be hearing his name roaring from the commentators any time soon.