Arsenal great odds to win Premiership next season

Considering Arsenal’s awful start to the season, the way that they have worked there way up into contention for Third Place is nothing short of miraculous. Arsene Wenger thinks that if the new players didn’t have to settle in then they would have hit form sooner, which would have made them contenders for the title. If Wenger keeps all his top players this summer then maybe they can get off to a flying start next season.

The young winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (who will surely improve further next season) thinks Arsenal have every chance of winning the title next year. He said: “As a team we’re as good as anyone in the Premier League, right up there with the best in Europe and worldwide,”

“There’s a few things we need to tie up but we’ve been working hard as a team and becoming an increasingly tight unit and we’re winning games that we should win.

“We have quality players in our side and believe we can beat anyone.”

So if Wenger keeps his current group of Arsenal players and spends some of that fabled 70 million pounds to buy a couple of stars, then they should surely have a chance. So with that in mind I have had a look at the prices at http://betway.com for next years Premiership title on the net and the Gunners are a very juicy 16/1 to win it.

Man Utd are obviously favourites as usual at 6/4 with Man City close behind at 7/4, but if Arsenal can beat Man United this weekend and remain unbeaten until the end of the season, then they will be full of confidence to go into the next campaign, and that price will probably drop. Surely Arsenal must finally win a trophy soon?

I’m going to have a small investment now at that price…..