Arsenal need to beat QPR and then sign 2 of their players

As always this summer’s transfer window will be an interesting one for Arsenal. For the last few seasons the transfer windows have generally worsened the club rather than strengthened like we should. But now, with Robin Van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and a few others that have left, Arsenal arguably have no big important players that could possibly majorly affect the club by leaving. Obviously there are the odd few players, that would be a great loss for this team but apart from that there really aren’t that many players in this team that we’d see a major difference in, should they leave the squad.

Back to the idea about QPR and with the London club already relegated, a few of their players have come out (as well as their agents) to suggest that they will be looking to move on in the summer. One of those players is the QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar. The Brazilian is a fantastic shot stopper as well as having a great amount of experience at the highest levels at football. The 33 year old has played Champions league football for a number of years and is also a European cup winner with Inter Milan. Cesar has also made 67 appearances for his national team Brazil and so he is packed full of experience. Often seen as an area we need to improve in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see if we do look into him at some point during the summer, that’s if an approach or original interest hasn’t already been made known.

The other player from QPR that Arsenal could be maybe looking at is French International Loic Remy who himself only joined QPR in the January transfer window. Remy too is a player that will want out and I believe that there is a clause in Remy’s contract that means he can leave for a cut price as QPR have been relegated. Remy has scored 5 goals in his time in the Premier League so far and that’s a decent return for any striker who has transferred to a new team, especially with only half the season to go and with a team that struggles to score goals. I definitely think he’s an impressive player and maybe if he’s available for a cut price deal then maybe we should look to try and sign him, however I’m sure other clubs will also be on the lookout. Ideally I’d like a top quality striker, however there’s nothing wrong with settling for Remy to fight for a place in the starting XI, should our other targets fail.