I’d Rather Have Flamini Back At Arsenal Than Gareth Barry!

The former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini has spoken of his interest to return to England after being released by Italian side AC Milan.

The Frenchman enjoyed a relatively successful spell in North London before departing in the summer of 2009, having formed a very successful midfield partnership with former Gunners captain Cesc Fabregas.

After having an injury-ravaged first three seasons in Italy, the ex-Arsenal star came back strong last term, putting in a string of impressive performances for the Rossoneri. Despite this, he failed to secure a long-term contract which he felt was deserved.

Speaking to SunSport, he said: “Milan offered me a contract for two years. But I need to take my time and make the right decision.

“I’ve been in Italy for five years, I’ve had a great time and learned a lot. But I miss England and I want to win the Premier League.

“It has a special place in my heart. I like the pace and physicality of English football and I like that every game is open.

“I miss the Premier League but other countries are open too. I don’t want to close any doors”, the 29-year-old added.

Now it is clear that most Gooners would NOT have him back. But hey, if Arsenal are not going to sign someone like Fellaini, I’d rather sign Flamini for free than bring in Gareth Barry for 4 million. Let’s face it, Barry is past his prime but Flamini at 28 ( going to 29 ) is still considerably young and can help us in the new season. Buying a new and better defensive midfielder is in my opinion better for the shirt such player will sell and the buzz it will create among both the fan base and the players but if we do the usual and refuse to burn the cash then Flamini may just be a good option.

Well, that’s just my opinion.

What do you think?