Should Arsenal Take A Chance On This Brazilian Superstar?

Arsenal have been linked with Real Madrid’s Kaka recently which gives me mixed feelings. On one hand I am pleased to hear of potential new signings but on the other, is Kaka a player that we need?

Everybody knows the situation with transfers at the moment at the club. Our two summer signings have been Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini who cost a total of £0. We are desperate for new players all over the pitch before the transfer window closes on Monday night.

The strongest part of our team though has to be the midfield. Kaka has been an attacking midfielder during his time at Real Madrid. The 31 year old Brazilian is far past his best. He hasn’t been at his best since he left AC Milan. It just hasn’t quite worked for him at Real Madrid but who’s to say it can’t work at Arsenal?

There have been many famous cases of flops who move on and become top players. The thing that made him so successful at Milan was the fact that he was usually given a free role while leading the line. He either played as the central striker and roamed around or played just behind the striker while roaming. At Madrid he has been told to stay in that central attacking midfield role which is usually occupied by another of our targets Mesut Ozil.

The truth is we don’t need another attacking midfielder of anybody to play behind the striker. We need a striker, a winger and some defensive players. Could we even hope to get Kaka for a reasonable price anyway? They bought him for a massive £53M and he hasn’t paid that off yet.

I’m not sure they would want to take a hit on him but I can’t be sure that they want to keep him either.

I am unsure of this. What are everybody else’s thoughts?