Jurgen Klopp – Arsenal Can Become European Champions

jurgen-Klopp

Borussia Dortmund manager, Jurgen Klopp believes the English side have what it takes to go all the way in the Uefa Champions League, this season. This comes after the Gunners ended the German’s side’s run of 8 straight wins at the Signal Iduna Park, edging out Klopp’s men 1-0 in a tension soaked encounter on Wednesday night.

Current Champions League holders, Bayern Munich were the only team who had answers to Dortmund’s intensity last term as they defeated the yellow and black outfit 2-1 in the UCL final at the Wembley Stadium in May, and Klopp believes Arsenal can follow the footsteps of the defending Champions.

“They are young, healthy and good technicians,” he said. “They won a clever game tonight and could go to the final and win it, as long as they don’t play against Bayern Munich.”

The German also noted Arsenal’s intelligence in learning quickly from their errors in the 1st leg at the Emirates Stadium.

“We had a lot of super moments, but we were not precise enough,” he said. “We had 11 shots before they scored and sometimes it was like they were defending with four legs.

“That was a reaction to our game. Sometimes they played a lot on the defence, but we didn’t make the most of our chances and we had a lot of bad luck.”

Quotes via telegraph.co.uk

Next up for Arsenal in the Champions League is a home game against French side, Marseille who are yet to record any points in the group so far. A win for Arsenal would all but guarantee their passage into the last 16 of the competition.