November PFA Awards A Gaffe Plus Team News For Everton

Newcastle United v Sunderland - Premier League

It’s another weekend already. I won’t even be talking transfers; rumours or real ones today. The crux of my piece is on the Barclays award for November. In one of my pieces, I posited that Arsenal should sweep the awards with Wenger taking the Manager of the Month while any of our stand out performers from Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Ramsey to pick the Player of the Month but to my utter chagrin, the awards were given to Newcastle’ls pair of manager Alan Pardew and goalkeeper Tim Krul.

How on earth did Pardew merit the award ahead of Wenger? In the month under review, he picked 12 pts from 4 matches but finished in 7th on the league table, Wenger picked 9 points from 4 matches but finished at the top of the table, 4 points above the rest of the pack. Shouldn’t the end justify the means? What’s the essence of 12 points picked when Arsenal were still clear at the top?

As though the choice of Pardew wasn’t pissing enough, Krul was picked as the Player of the Month. How? Arsenal had players that were on song throughout the month. Even if the league had settled for a goalkeeper, his opposite number at Arsenal, Wojicech Szczesny was more deserving. In 4 matches, he conceded just a goal, keeping 3 clean sheets and guess against which opponents; Liverpool, Southampton and Cardiff in Wales. Krul couldn’t even muster clean sheets against Norwich and West Brom. If he was given the award based on his heroics against Tottenham, then Ramsey should have won it for his brilliance against Cardiff.

As far as I am concerned, the choice of both men was a total gaffe. Seems there is a rule that says the same person can’t win the award back to back. Wenger has been robbed twice now; October when Pochetino won it and now. Enough said.

To our game against Everton. Not so much as changed with regards to the team that would face Everton.

Sagna is still out which means we are stuck with Jenkinson. Can we trust his sluggishness against piennar’s fleet-feet? That will be tough but hopefully, he will get a helping hand from Koscielny and Flamini. The good thing about Sagna’s injury is that he is having an enforced rest which will come in handy against City and Chelsea.

Flamini is also in the squad which means his groin injury wasn’t bad after all. Podolski might have returned to training but he is still short of match fitness. The squad is good enough to take Manchester United’s conquerors to the cleaners at the Emirates. There won’t be back to back joy for Martinez on the road.