Walcott Declares Arsenal Unbeatable

With Arsenal great run of form in all competitions recently, Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has declared that no team is strong enough to take the Gunners to the cleaners.

The Gunners head into Sunday’s clash against Everton four points clear at the top of the Premier League table after winning 11 of their opening 14 Premier League games. I believe that nobody can beat us at the moment given the way we are playing. The English winger also believes that Wenger’s men will be a match for any team in the English top flight if they can continue their impressive performances.

“We are concentrating on ourselves,” Walcott told the London Evening Standard.

“People can say, ‘Arsenal are not good enough to win it’, but we are sitting four points clear and every one is playing fantastically well.

“We have got players coming back to fitness for such a busy period at Christmas and you tend to know where you are by the new year.

“That belief and trust is there and we are playing beautiful football. I believe that nobody can beat us at the moment given the way we are playing.”

Well said Walcott and I can’t dispute your claim. Arsenal have every reason to feel that way because of the results they are churning out every time they take to the field. Not only are they winning convincingly, they are also keeping clean sheets. In 6 games played in November, Arsenal kept 5 clean sheets, conceding only a solitary goal.

But the Gunners aren’t home and dry just yet. December period provides the sternest test for them as they would be playing 2 title rivals; Chelsea and Manchester City. City in particular with be a litmus test of Arsenal’s title credentials as they would be playing at the Etihad, a stadium Pellegrini’s men having dropped a single point all season. If Arsenal can leave December unscathed, then, the belief that they could actually end their trophy drought with a Premier League triumph would be hugely strengthened.

But before meeting City and Chelsea, Arsenal will have to handle the threat of Everton. The Toffees are fresh from conquering the Red Devils at Old Trafford and would believe their fairy tale could continue at the Emirates. Two things would be risked when Arsenal play Everton; the winning run and the clean sheet. Hope both remain intact.