Brendan Rodgers Takes A Swipe At Arsenal

Brendan-Rodgers-RETINA

Brendan Rodgers took Luis Suarez’s four goal performance against Norwich to once again swipe Arsene Wenger’s £40,000,001 bid for the striker over the summer.

The Uruguayan was in stunning form hitting four technically quality goals to help Liverpool to a 5-1 victory over Canaries increasing his individual tally over Norwich to 11 goals in just four games.

He beat John Ruddy with a volley for 40 yards before bundling in a Philippe Coutinho corner. He then flicked the ball over Leroy Fer and hit a low drive on the volley that flew in to the bottom corner and finished his scoring with a sumptuous curling free-kick. He even got himself an assist, crossing for Raheem Sterling to complete the scoring.

Rodgers was quick to praise his star man after one of the best individual performances of the season.

“It’s a joy to watch and I still think his best years are going to be here – you can just see it’s a hand-in-glove fit for him. He enjoys it here, it’s the happiest I’ve seen him.”

“He has such a connection with this club and Anfield, he has a massive profile here and he feels so much at home. And don’t forget we create the conditions for him to produce his best.”

“It was remarkable. I think you have to hold him up as one of the best strikers in the world – and yes, he’s maybe worth £40 million and two pounds now!” ( via mirror.co.uk )

Since Liverpool rejected Arsenal’s bid of £1 over £40 millon, Rodgers has taken several swipes at the bid, one he sees as both disrespectful and ridiculous. The Gunners are still believed to be interested in the South American but Liverpool will do all they can to hold on to him.