Madrid Striker Fuels Reports Of Arsenal Move

According to Talksport, Real Madrid youngster Alvaro Morata has refused to rule out a loan move to North London in the winter window with both North London clubs Arsenal and Tottenham touted to be vying for his signature.

Reports went viral recently that Morata had already agreed in principle a loan deal to Arsenal in the winter window. Wenger when quizzed, denied the knowledge of any such agreed deal. Even, both the striker and his head coach at Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti, towed Wenger’s line as they also denied that the Real academy graduate was leaving the Spanish capital.

Morata in an interview with AS, said: ”I’m happy here and I feel that the coach, Zidane and all of the technical staff have a lot of confidence in me.

“I’m still only 21 and I want to continue with Madrid for a long time. Every player always wants to play and the boss has shown that he has faith in me – he has brought me on during difficult games and I am happy to have been able to repay him for the trust he has demonstrated in my abilities.”

But when asked about the chances of him moving to the Premier League in January, the Spaniard refused ruling it out completely, replying: ”That’s a matter for my agent. I am very happy where I am and I hope to spend many more years with Madrid.”

Interesting developments there. I bet there is something in the rumour despite the huge denial by all the parties concerned. The move will beneficial to all the parties concerned. Arsenal still need a striker that would complement Giroud but chances of getting a marquee one in January is extremely slim, hence the Gunners could make do with a decent one even if it is on loan. Bendtner might have put up a good show in the game against Hull but I doubt if he his good enough to be depended on. Arsenal should leverage on the winter window to bring in someone better.

Morata has so far featured in just the 12 matches for los Blancos in all competitions this season, registering two goals and one assist in the process.