Hope For Arsenal As Edin Dzeko Eye Manchester City Exit

Edin+Dzeko-Manchester+City+cropped-758109

One of the players that would be on the spotlight during the winter transfer window is City’s striker Edin Dzeko who could be on the move from the Etihad stadium owing to lack of regular first team football. City’s boss Manuel Pellegrini has played down suggestions that an exit was on the cards for the Bosnian striker but his international teammate has revealed that it could yet happen.

According to Roma star and Bosnian international Miralem Pjanic, Edin Dzeko could decide to leave the Etihad this season after becoming frustrated with a lack of first-team starts.

He has seen himself fall down in the pecking order behind Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Dzeko’s international teammate has suggested that he is looking for more appearances and could leave the club. That eventuality is a matter of time.

“Will Dzeko transfer to Italy? I’m in contact with him and I know he aspires to play more and feel more important (than now),” said Pjanic.

“He is a great player and he could do well in Italy but for now he is a City player, even though I don’t know how long he will remain there.”

That is certainly goodnews for Arsenal as it means the Gunners stand a chance of luring him away from City with a promise of more regular first team opportunities. Arsenal have just one striker and have been rumoured to be in the market for attacking reinforcements. Dzeko would be a good buy whether permanently or on-loan as he already boasts Premier league experience but would City sanction a sale or loan deal to a title rival? That stands to be seen.