Sporting Lisbon Rules Out Sale Of Arsenal Target

Rui-Patricio1

Recent reports have linked Arsenal with a move for Lisbon’s goalkeeper rui Patricio and as a follow up to the rumour, Lisbon have declared that their star man won’t be leaving on the cheap. Not only that, they have also revealed that he won’t be leaving soon too.

Sporting Lisbon president De Carvalho told A Bola: “The club has decided that there will be no sales in January.

“The club is leading the division for the first time in nine years and we are determined to fight for the title.

“Only if a ridiculous offer is put in for a player will it be studied.” (Quotes via Sky Sports)

I wasn’t expecting anything short from the helmsman of the club but the question that should be asked is if Arsenal need another goalkeeper. After extending Szczesny’s contract and with the form he has shown so far this season, the Gunners are certainly in good hands. The Pole currently blaze the trail in the Premier League as the goalkeeper with the most clean sheets (6) and that is convincing enough.

As far as I am concerned, Arsenal don’t need another goalkeeper. If they have 20 million Pounds to spend it should be channeled towards the acquisition of a striker which is what Arsenal need.