Arsenal News Round up : M’Baye Niang Could Sign In January, Henry Would Love To Play With Ozil | Former Arsenal Manager Believes Arsenal Can Beat Anyone

Arsenal could reignite their interest in AC Milan striker M’Baye Niang once the January transfer window opens, according to reports from talkSPORT. The 18-year-old was linked with a move to the Gunners prior to signing for the Serie A giants last year, and has been hailed as one of French football’s top emerging talents.

Despite his obvious potential, Niang has struggled to hold down a first-team berth at the San Siro, and is believed to be concerned that he may stagnate if left on the bench for much longer.

This has opened the door for a January move, alerting Arsene Wenger. The Emirates Stadium chief is desperate to provide Olivier Giroud with some top-class cover, with the ex-Montpellier man having been heavily relied upon for goals during the opening months of the campaign. Niang is seen as a better option than Nicklas Bendtner, who has recently come back into Arsenal’s first-team following a series of unsuccessful loan spell with various clubs.

But Wenger may face competition for the teenager, with the likes of Parma, Sampdoria and Genoa all considering moves to snap up the highly-rated forward.

Theirry Henry admits that he would have “loved” to play alongside Mesut Özil at Arsenal, and says the Germany playmaker reminds him of Robert Pires. Özil has been one of Arsenal’s standout performers this season since completing his £42.5m transfer to north London from Real Madrid in September. And Henry, who is the Gunners’ all-time record goal-scorer and has been training with Özil at Arsenal during the MLS off-season, was gushing with praise for the 25-year-old.

It seems like he’s playing at home in his garden and there’s nobody around him. That’s the type of player you want Thierry Henry

“I would have love to play with him,” New York Red Bulls striker Henry said on Sky Sports. “He reminds me in a different way of Robert Pires.

“He’s the type of player you give the ball to and he’ll give it back to you. He will share the ball.

“He can find a guy a guy that’s quick or a target striker, any type of ball – whatever you want.

“And he has that thing that you look for in a midfielder: it seems like he has time, even though we all know that’s not the case.

“It seems like he’s playing at home in his garden and there’s nobody around him. That’s the type of player you want.

“You need to be composed on the ball and I think he brought that to Arsenal.”
The 36-year-old former France international continued: “He’s not built, he’s not that big, and yet you can’t get the ball off him.

“If you look at him closely, he will always do a little step on the right if you want to go on the left, just to make sure that you don’t come close to him and he gets that distance to operate.

“That’s one of the things I say to some of the youngsters I play with: you’ve got to do something before you get the ball, drop your shoulder.

“And you will see with Özil that he does it all the time. And the way he does it, his head is always up.

“He came with his name but you have to back it up; you can’t come only with a name. He has backed it up.” ( Quotes via skysport news )

Having finished runners-up in their group after Wednesday night’s defeat to Napoli, the Gunners will face either Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Atlético Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain in the knockout stage.

But Graham is not concerned with who his former club will draw, as he believes Arsene Wenger’s side can be a match for anyone in Europe on their day.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “They have been excellent this season and if you look at their track record over a number of years away from home in the Champions League, they have taken on some big, big teams and actually got great results and surprised a lot of people. There is no reason they can’t do it again.”