Rafael Da Silva To Arsenal?

rafael-447823

The rumour-mill have gone to work and are linking Arsenal with a move for Manchester United’s Brazilian right-back Rafael Da Silva. According to Daily Express, Manchester United are planning a massive clear-out in the winter window that could see at least 10 players depart Old Trafford and the Brazilian has been touted as one of the casualties.

Well, Rafael is a decent player and could be a plus to the Gunners. Arsenal might be having a conundrum at the right back position should Sagna leave in the summer when his contract expires. The Gunners have been linked with plethora of right backs across Europe but Rafael would be a good inclusion to the list. Like Sagna, he is a bit solid defensively while unlike the Frenchman, he is a bigger threat in attack.

I know he has issues with injuries but that shouldn’t be so much of a problem at Arsenal, we seem to be used to them. If we could manage Van Persie and Ramsey and still managing Diaby, then, we can surely handle Rafael. Wenger has shown with the acquisition of Yaya Sanogo that he isn’t scared taking any player on board even if such player has injury issues provided there is the evidence of talent.

The edge Rafael has over the other touted replacements is that he already boasts of Premier League experience and even experience at the highest level so he can hit the ground running.

Can he beat Jenkinson to the position of Sagna’s successor? Well, let them fight for the shirt and may the better man win.