Ozil Apologises For Breaking Tradition

Mesut-Ozil-celeb-pa_3012545

Arsenal’s record acquisition caused a stir on Saturday when he was in an outburst with his teammate both at the Emirates and with the German national team. The media revealed that his bigger compatriot had berated him for breaking tradition by not waving to the away fans who had not only paid big to watch the match but also endured the humiliation.

When quizzed about the unwholesome development, Wenger played it down saying the Germans would sort it out. True to his word, they seemed to have sorted it out and Ozil has tendered a formal apology to Arsenal fans via his facebook page.

“Sorry I didn’t thank the fans at the end of the game!

“You have been brilliant to me and I know you had travelled a long way and spent your money to support us. I was upset with the result and know I should have come to you to say ‘thank you’ and I know it is a big Arsenal tradition win, lose or draw.”

Now you know Ozil that we value tradition at Arsenal. If Flamini could be hammered for cutting his kit, then you won’t escape the sledge hammer for ignoring the fans. Well, all is well that ends well as all seems settled now. Ozil had got the message and has apologised while Arsenal fans have forgiven him too. I know the media would want to capitalize on that to rattle the Arsenal camp. Sorry it won’t work. We have moved on.

It is key to start united and keep the peace in the dressing room. The only way the team can overcome the latest setback is by staying together and not fighting themselves.