Roma Beat Arsenal In Starlet’s Race

Toni Sanabria

The news that has made the rounds in recent days has been that of Barca’s starlet, who seems keen on leaving Nou Camp for fresh adventures. The Gunners and Italian giants Roma have been tussling for his services but recently, it seemed the Gunners had won’t he race but if reports in Daily Mail is anything to go by, there might just be a twist to the news as it has now been reported that Roma are in the driving seat for his signature.

The Barcelona B team striker has been the subject of discussions between all parties over a £3m deal and Arsenal had seemed favourites.

Rumours had been reported of certain passport and work permit issues but the seventeen year old is due to pick up a Spanish passport in weeks. An announcement is imminent that he is opting to join up with a French coach but that means seems more like Rudi Garcia than Arsene Wenger.

That would be a surprise but I choose to take Dailymail’s report with a pinch of salt. I would be shocked if he really chose Roma ahead of Arsenal. Do they have a track record of fast tracking youngsters to their first team? Sanabria need not look too far, he has the success of Fabregas at Arsenal as a motivation while the failure of another Barca’s starlet Bojan at Roma to serve as a timely warning.

I still believe the last hasn’t been heard of the future of the youngster. It is a pendulum that is still swinging and hasn’t settled just yet