Michael Owen Hits Out At Ozil Again

Mesut-Ozil-celeb-pa_3012545

Former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Micheal Owen has hit out at Arsenal’s German midfielder Mesut Ozil. The former Liverpool man had criticized the former Real Madrid star, accusing him of going missing in big games rather than stamping his authority.

Last week the former Liverpool and Manchester United striker had this to say on website SportLobster:

“It is against the big boys where I think they could struggle as, in my opinion, they don’t have the class of player to go toe to toe with the main title contenders. Despite people constantly telling me that Mesut Ozil is world class, his inconsistency means that we only see occasional glimpses of real quality. His odd good performance is usually followed by half a dozen poor ones.”

After that harsh criticism, it was expected that Ozil was going to prove Owen wrong by orchestrating Chelsea’s fall at the Emirates but it wasn’t to be as Chelsea were able to stymie his influence and impact. Then, came Owen again with his jibe which he released via twitter.

Quizzed on Twitter after the game about his view of Ozil’s performance, Owen smugly had this to say:

Michael Owen

Arsene Wenger spoke to defend his record signing ahead of the game to state that he is still adjusting to the Premier League, and last night the £42m man had to face a team led by a coach in Jose Mourinho who knows his game front to back having managed him for the past three seasons.

Ozil completed 86% of his passes, and created one goalscoring opportunity, but his two shots landed off target. If you ask me, that is not too bad for a player of his class against a tough opponent that had his former manager as their manager.

I wonder why Owen is just hitting out at Ozil. Was the German the only player that failed to prove his mettle well yesterday? What of Hazard or isn’t he a big name and a big money acquisition on high and unreasonable wages? Whether or not Owen agrees, Ozil has already proven he is the real deal with his stellar performances so far this season. To join the league just in the summer and be leading the assist log is no mean feat. He is still keeping up with his reputation of been the assist king. Saying he doesn’t perform against the big teams is akin to affirming that his former team isn’t a big club ( Liverpool ) after all he assisted Ramsey’s goal against them.

Ozil has nothing to prove to anyone and certainly not Owen. Just like Wenger said, he is still adapting to the league and to label him a flop against big teams is nothing short of tomfoolery, well am not surprised that it is coming from Owen, his analysis have also towed that line.