Alvaro Morata And Michy Batshuayi Could Become Gunners

Michy-Batshuayi-MAIN-2894026

According to Daily Mirror, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is looking to bolster his squad with the addition of some front men. The French manager reportedly has two names in his sight: Standard Liege striker Michy Batshuayi and Real Madrid youngster Alvaro Morata.

Michy Batshuayi is just twenty years old and has already become hot property in Belgium owing to his impressive record. The youngster has scored thirteen goals in twenty league games this season and has hinted that he hopes to play at a higher level soon. Wenger will need to move for the £8m rated starlet soon as a number of other top European clubs are reportedly interested in his services.

Wenger is also looking at signing twenty-one year old Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata on loan until the end of the season according to The Mirror. Although Arsenal’s North London rivals Tottenham have reportedly shown their interest in Morata, it is believed that Wenger is in pole position to sign the youngster, thanks to his good relations with Madrid president Florentino Perez and the dearth of strikers in his squad, which could give Morata more playing time with the Gunners.

This would be a little palliative but certainly won’t excite Arsenal fans who are hoping that Wenger would go all out to sign an A-list striker in the class of Suarez or Martinez. However, I am totally with Wenger on these 2 targets. For one, they are more realistic targets that wont’t cause much hassles to get while they won’t cause tantrums should first team football become irregular as both are youngsters still developing their games. They will be good for the role we need them for which is a back-up to Giroud.

The fact that neither of them is eyeing a World Cup  berth means they won’t be overly keen on first team football and that would help maintain the harmony in the dressing room. Of course, we want competition for places amongst the players, it is unhealthy rivalry that could prove costly to our title aspirations.

On the Belgian youngster, I know the name is anonymous and probably alien but his talent and potentials might not be. Who knew Marco Reus before he landed at Dortmund and put Real Madrid to the sword. Lukaku is also a talented youngster  who few years  ago was relatively unknown. Some youngsters have proven that age is inconsequential. If his talent is good enough then he can do a job at Arsenal.