Arsenal Good Enough For The Title – Wenger

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared that the Gunners are good enough to be Premier League champions after they ended a run of four games without a win with an hard-fought win over West Ham at Upton Park.

‘We’ve answered some big questions. If we hadn’t won we would have had to answer many questions. It was the kind of game that many people would have questioned us if we had not won and even more if we’d lost.

‘Does this performance prove you are genuine title contenders? Yes. The team wants to do well and the character is great.

‘Our concentration is top. We have had a difficult period but, honestly, that’s mainly down to the schedule we have had.

‘I completely think that the schedule was absolutely horrendous.

‘When you do not win for four games it is important to come back for the confidence level and win.’  Quotes via dailymail

Well said Wenger and I totally agree with him. Arsenal have proven their mental strength with the hard fought win over West Ham for obvious reasons. The match came on the back of four matches in all competitions without a win and securing three loses in the process. Certainly, the poor run of results would have played a little bit on the minds of the players and if not handled carefully, it could ruin the season.

The game against West Ham was a London derby which meant it was no mean feat. Arsenal’s victory came at a cost as they had to come from a goal down to level matters and then, get a convincing win. Being a goal down and chasing an equalizer meant they were vulnerable to counter attacks and could have conceded another which would have potentially killed off the game but the Gunners kept pushing and were duly rewarded.

Now that the Gunners have got back to winning ways, they can build on it and gather some winning momentum. Playing four tough opponents on the bounce certainly didn’t help but now, the fixtures are relatively easier though not a stroll in the back. Once again, Arsenal can embark on a long winning run that would give their title challenge a great push.