Arsenal Set To Complete Striker Signing – Reports

Michy-Batshuayi-MAIN-2894026

According to reports emanating from Belgium, Arsenal have agreed a fee for Belgian starlet Michy Batshuayi. The fee is reported to be in the region of €8m (£6.5m).

Batshuayi has been enjoying an excellent season in Belgium with Standard Liege and scouts from Arsenal have perpetually kept him under close watch. Seems Wenger and his team are convinced that he is a real talent and not just a flash in the pan. To this end, they have decided to make the move to fend off other interests that might arise from other clubs in Europe.

Reports in Belgium are claiming that a Premier League club – believed to be Arsenal – have now agreed an €8m (£6.5m) deal with Liege and will immediately send the youngster on loan to Anderlecht for the rest of the campaign.

Arsenal fans are itching for Wenger to sign a new striker in the winter window and would be obviously disappointed that instead of moving for a top notch and experienced star, Le Prof has decided to pitch tent with a rookie again.

But I believe there is no reason to fret since the report says Arsenal will be loaning the youngster back to a Belgian club. That means Wenger doesn’t see him as the solution to the present predicament. If Wenger is signing him to loan him out immediately, then, he isn’t the signing. Hence, there is still room for Wenger to bring in the player that would be expected to play a prominent role in the 2nd half of the season.

That said, I am not so sure Wenger will sign a striker but I back him to make the right signing and tinker the team in a way that it would stay strong till the finishing line.